Giving You the Best Experience
We love all of our clients at StylezbyMecca LLC, and we want to make sure everyone feels at home in our friendly Hair Salon. That’s why we’ve set a few basic policies to make sure everyone who walks through our doors has an experience that leaves them wanting to return time and again. Take a quick read. If you have any questions, just get in touch (Text Preferred : 5183690547).
All appointments require a 25% deposit!!
Deposit amounts are based on the quantity of the style , and will be deducted from the total cost of the appointment. For example, if the total cost of your style is $160, you will pay a $40 deposit & $120 when the style is complete.
100% of the deposit will be refunded if the appointment is cancelled within 24 hours of booking.
50% of the deposit amount will be refunded if your appointment is cancelled at least 72 hours (3 days) prior to the appointment.
Deposits are NOT refundable if your appointment is cancelled less than 72 hours (3 days) prior to your appointment. This applies to SAME DAY/ PRIOR DAY BOOKINGS
Available Payment Options:
Apple Pay: (518)369-0547
Cash App: $MeccaHemphill
($2 additional fee required)
Cash: In Person Payment
Deposit MUST be received within 24 hours of booking the appointment or your appointment will be canceled!
NO DEPOSIT = NO APPOINTMENT
HAIR PREP FOR YOUR APPT
Your hair MUST be properly washed, blow dried & detangled prior to arriving for your appointment.
--> Especially if you are just taking out braids or twists after an extended period of time.
The excess time it takes to detangle matted hair is not included in the service times.
Should you arrive with unwashed, extremely matted or tangled hair that is not blow dried, I reserve the right to cancel your appointment and your deposit will not be refundable.
Wash services are available and can be added to your appointment for an additional fee of $50
MUST be requested at time of booking)
If you are running late, you MUST contact your stylist as soon as possible! Otherwise, it will be considered a no call no show! Your appointment will automatically be canceled and your deposit WILL NOT be refundable!
If a client is more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, the appointment may need to be rescheduled. This is to ensure that the clients who arrive on time do not wait longer than necessary .
You may be given the option to wait for another appointment time on the same day if one is available. I try to accommodate late‐comers as best as possible, but cannot compromise on the quality and timely care provided to my other clients.
A $15 charge will be added to your appointment if we can proceed. If other appointments are not available for the day , your appointment will automatically be canceled and your deposit will not be refundable.
If a client is unhappy with the results of a service, I will be more than happy to schedule a corrective service free of charge. Please be aware that the service MUST be a mistake from myself, not something you might have changed your mind about (after the service has been performed).
You have 24 hours after the initial service to contact me with any complaints to receive a complimentary service to adjust any dissatisfaction.
**Corrective services will not be allowed 5 days past initial service date.**
If a client has consulted with me , received a redo and is still not happy, I will use reasonable and fair judgement on any decision to refund the client.
Otherwise, all services are non-refundable!!
KEEPING YOUR HAIR HEALTHY AFTER YOUR APPT
These tips pertain to braid appointments:
1) Your hair will be braided up for about a month, so it’s important to make sure that your scalp is properly clarified and the hair is conditioned well. A dirty scalp can clog and damage your pores, stunting your hair growth and therefore defeating the purpose of the protective style
2) Just like you would care for your hair when you get it done, braids are no exception. To keep your braids fresh and lasting longer, be sure to wrap up your hair with a nice silk head wrap. This will prevent any friction which can cause major frizzing while you sleep. If you do not want to wrap your hair up, try sleeping on a silk pillowcase instead. This will protect your edges from frizzing, therefore, delaying the need for a touchup.
3) Because your braids don’t need to be washed as often as you would wash your natural hair, you will find that your scalp can become pretty dry. It is important to rehydrate your scalp. You can use products like coconut oil to soothe your dry scalp as well but try to avoid product build-up as it will clog your pores. A dry scalp is an itchy scalp so be sure to keep it moisturized!
4) Protective styles are temporary! As tempting as it may be to leave your braids in for as long as possible, leaving them in for too long can pull on your hair and cause serious damage. Different braiding styles have different installation periods so keep in mind how long you will be able to keep your style and when it is time to take it out!
5) Although braids are fun and make styling your hair much easier, they can also weigh your hair down, which can lead to breakage. Be sure to give your hair a break in between protective styles to allow it to breathe and recuperate. This time in between installs is the perfect opportunity to apply strengthening masks, deep conditioning treatments and any other necessary steps to keep your hair healthy and hydrated.